Because I’m striving to focus on the positive (and because I’m thinking my last post got a little gloomy in the middle) I want to share my top 10 moments from the last day.
Whenever you need a lift, I encourage you to think of your top moments. Sort of like The Sound of Music’s favorite things, there are always some to find!
10) 33 calves tagged yesterday – With Christmas, New Years, and the cold weather I’d gotten behind on this project. It felt great to get mostly caught up yesterday as the calves got their tags, first nasal vaccine, and checked over for any health concerns.
Somehow both my New Year’s Eve baby and my Christmas Day baby decided to stick out their tongues at me!
9) Spicy ahi tuna with lemon rice and green beans for supper last night (homemade!) – Yes, I got motivated in the kitchen and cooked up the last of this tasty tuna. It came out perfectly medium rare, and I’m certain it’s the best meal I’ve cooked this year.
8) The treadmill search narrows – With snow covered, icy roads and freezing weather I have not been running as much as I’d like. At all. I feel a little irresponsible if I go out when the roads are too bad because if I hurt myself I don’t know how I’d do my job day-to-day. A treadmill has been on my wish list for the last few months, and I think I found a promising one on Craigslist today. Fingers crossed…
7) 9 hours – I got over 9 hours of sleep last night. I continue battling this pesky cold, but at least I was able to get some good sleep time last night.
6) I think I’ve got a race on the calendar soon – The winter 5K I PRed at last year was in February, but it looks like they’ve gotten brave against the weather and moved it back to January. I hope to start out my racing year there in just a few weeks.
5) Christmas cards – The last few nights I’ve taken some time to look through all the heartfelt cards and photos and fully read the entertaining letters. I just love all this happy Christmas mail!
4) Chocolate and peanut butter - Judge me if you must, but I really do feel best when I get my daily sweets fix. Though I did feed some of these tasty bars
to family on New Year’s I have probably eaten the majority myself.
3) A crackling fire – I didn’t think we’d build a fire in our new house as often as we do, but there’s something wonderful about logs burning in our wood stove after a long, cold day.
2) Cuddly dogs - It might be abnormal how much I like our dogs, but they just plain make life happier.
(It was Boo’s 2nd birthday on Sunday)
1) Reciting Psalm 100 – It’s impossible not to get a lift from this one. We actually chose it as one of the scriptures at our wedding. While our pastor said it wasn’t traditional, he thought it was quite fitting to start a marriage based on joy and thanksgiving!
Hope you’ve had many good moments yourself today. If I haven’t said it already, Happy New Year to you all!