Greetings from Minnesota. It feels like fall harvest time ’round here. Today the sun was shining, the wind was blowing leaves everywhere, and I definitely needed a sweatshirt. Right on schedule for mid-October!
Thanks to Heidi @ Run-around-aroo, I have a ready made topic for this late night post. She tagged me with both the “Versatile Blogger” and “I Dig Your Blog” awards.
Given that I have two awards, I believe the rules require me to share 10 fun facts about yours truly and then pass the awards on to some deserving blogs.
Let’s get going; shall we?
1) I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, but that didn’t stop me from heading off to the University of Minnesota with big plans. 4 years later, I emerged with a double major in Accounting and Marketing and a double minor in Animal Science and Applied Economics. How’s that for narrowing things down?!?
2) I love to read and feel like I’ve read some pretty epic books. As a junior-high kid I even read the entire Bible, cover to cover, over the span of several years. I figured if I’m a Christian and believe what the Bible says, I need to KNOW what the Bible says, right? Definitely a good decision.
I have also read and enjoyed such classics as Gone With the Wind, Crime and Punishment, and Anne of Green Gables. I’m a C.S. Lewis fan and highly recommend The Screwtape Letters if you’ve not read it.
3) I am a packrat. I hate to admit it, and I honestly would like to downsize. Some of the things that plague me are rubbermaid totes full of trophies and ribbons from my 4-H days, various high school and college memorabilia, and wedding gifts like a 36-inch griddle and a chip & dip set with a built-in electric dip warmer. What is a person supposed to do with this stuff??
4) I love to follow professional running and track & field. They say the sport has a hard time gaining fans, but I am devoted. I also follow many athletes on twitter, which is how I found out one of my favorite runners will sign the cover of Runner’s World she graces. Thanks Lauren Fleshman!!
5) I really do drink chocolate milk after my long runs (and many short runs). ‘Nuf said.
6) I recently paid $100 for a new pair of work boots. Not stylish, pointy-toed, knee-high boots either. My new bogs will keep my toes warm in weather down past -20. And that’s worth $1,000+ to me!
(Sadly my previous pair was officially worn out after last winter.)
7) I don’t believe that a person only has one path or career or life that could make them happy. If we make good choices we will hopefully be fulfilled and successful, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only “right” way.
If you would have asked me 5 years ago where I thought I’d be now, I probably would have answered grad school or law school. Or maybe working in a marketing or financial job in Minneapolis. And I think I could enjoy those paths, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy being caregiver to calves or mastermind of farm software programs.
8) I have an insatiable sweet tooth. I require something sweet after supper, and if I’m not careful I can polish off a dozen cookies before I realize what happened. Should I mention I’m eating a slice of carrot cake while writing this?
9) My iPhone is my friend. It lets me capture photos of my farm life and keeps notes on cow numbers and reminders handy. Not to mention email, RunKeeper, twitter, etc. Did I mention it basically writes my blog too? I probably blog from my phone about 80% of the time because it’s so gosh darn handy!
10) Using power tools makes me feel tough. The other day JR asked me to do a little project with the DeWalt. I did it no prob-le-mo. Yup, super tough.
Now to share some blog love. Don’t feel obligated to re-post, but know that I dig your blog! And, I think you’re versatile too.
Shelby @ Eat, Drink, and Run – Just like it says; great eats, drinks, and running
Jess @ Old Nichols Farm – Awesome photos, awesome family
Bree @ Bees Knees Life – A fabulous fellow Minnesotan and runner
Cassie @ Kitchen Floor Diaries – Beautifully written faith, family, and photography
Kathy @ Life, Really – Wonderfully honest fitness and faith
Jena @ Life is Beachy Keen – Florida, running, & life; what’s not to love?
Brit @ Duke’s House – Coolest travels ever. Oh, and she lives in India right now!!
Sweaty Kid – Runner and writer extraordinaire
Marathon Maiden Talented gazelle; runs more in a week than I do in a month
Dana @ Run, Dana, Run! – Follow her training for the NYC marathon!
And of course, the fabulous Heidi @ Run around aroo – fun and creative, combined with the majestic CO mountains!
Eleven blogs, ten things. I think that’s enough for tonight!
Do you agree with me on #7? Why or why not?